Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Duplicity, Fairy Tales and Writing

first Mind yourself when it comes to committing your words to writing or digital publication (facebook posts and emails, for instance.) It's one thing to think it, it's another to say it aloud, but when you preserve a special piece of poison to the confines of eternity by writing it down or posting it online, it CANNOT EVER be undone and writing it down makes it real. Mind what you write. 

And, just for a little unsolicited insight into me, JUST me: If you ever sent me a hateful or painful piece of correspondence, I know exactly where it is and will provide it the very instant you deny ever having sent it. I'm just sayin'...

second It is not now, nor will it EVER be, your job to take another person's personal inventory. Walk away from being judgmental. Do not stare directly into it. Back in the good old days of Bible Fairy Tales, you would turn to stone or salt - but, we apparently don't roll this way anymore. So lets do it this way: You worry about you and the plethora of things in and about you that could easily benefit from revision, and you let other people worry about themselves. It will always be a lot more fun to try and fix others, but a lot more rewarding and practical to turn that energy inside. Avoid the temptation.

third Make sure your friends and family know that you love them (if you do, and you don't have to, but just in case you do...) Make it a point to be sure they know it. Do not be so duplicitous as to shout from the mountaintops that you are all about the Honor of Family or the value in environmental responsibility and then spend no energy making it apparent. 
I know you know what I mean.

copyright 2010 moemasters

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...