Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shake it off

FIRST  Shake it off. I think this holds true in just about every conceivable way. If you smack your head on a low-hanging branch and it knocks you just a little silly for a minute and you see stars: Shake it off. If you see a spider and it gives you the eebie jeebies: Shake it off. If you read something or see something that you wished you'd never seen: Shake it off. Sometimes this may require actually standing up and shaking it off. Other times, you may just need to dance. The body has a need to shake it off.

SECOND  If you must roll your eyes, don't get caught. Translate: Don't let me see you rolling your eyes at me.
THIRD  If someone you really love (not your mother) - tells you that what you're wearing isn't your "best look," change clothes and don't wear that anymore. It doesn't matter if you love it - whoever told you that had no dog in that race and just loves you enough to mention it. It wasn't easy.

copyright 2010 thesethreethings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Who you is?

My photo

I love raindrops on roses and whatnot, but even more than that I totally dig finding dollars in clothes I haven't worn in ages, live music, social networking and search engine optimization, research, freecycle.com, homemade beer, home grown stuff, writing, talking, laughing, green movements, debate, dialog, dumpster diving, time travel, time-out chairs, psychology, meals that last for hours, pranks, astral projection, meaningful lives, the kindness of strangers, trains, trucks and tractors, cowboys, horses, deer, eagles, random occurrences, modern tragedies, small appliances, good socks and sturdy shoes, shiny objects, painting, playing stringed instruments and singing harmony, pulling perfect feather pillows out of the freezer on hot and humid Kansas summer nights, rodeos and county fairs, brokers, organics and authenticity, my kids, their kids and my huge extended family. I am a hugger and I probably laugh AND talk way too much.