Friday, April 16, 2010

Determination and Self-Survival

ONE Make sure to make time for yourself. No matter what is going on and how over-booked you are - carve out a little respite. It doesn't really matter what you do with that time, just do it for yourself. You really are no good to anybody else when your well has run dry.
TWO Calvin Coolidge said this so well, I'm not even going to paraphrase: "Press on: Nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
If something is important to you - Press on.
Make it so or die trying  
(to varying degrees, I'm not, like, trying to push you towards some kind of life-changing cataclysmic stand or anything.)
But, stick with it and see it to completion (unless there will be casualties as a direct result of your determination. Choose your battles.)
THREE Stand up straight, sit well and mind your posture. You really only do get one shot at this life and that body you're sitting in right now is going to have to last you a good long time. Take care of it, be mindful. The way you carry yourself says a lot more about you than you would think. You are not the kind of person who would slump.
Stretch for the stars and be tall.
That's your job.
andIloveyou.
copyright 2010 thesethreethings

1 comment:

  1. Grandkids aside, I need your advice. Thank you. And I'm sad we didn't get a picture of us for me to frame for my wall. Next time.

    ReplyDelete

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...