Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just These Three More.

ONE Be mindful of your personal energy. I know it’s freaking nearly impossible to always think happy thoughts, but for real. This is way important. Don’t speak ill of people, don’t wish bad things for them.
Do the best you can every day and know that every other person is too.
Smile, make eye contact and have a solid handshake. I don’t care if you are a girl. Just trust me on this one. Keep your chin up and your hair out of your eyes.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TATTOO YOUR FACE.
If I didn’t care I wouldn’t say anything.
For real.
I am old. I would listen to me.
TWO
Dance and sing into your wooden mixing spoons, spatulas and wire whips. Dance like Fred Astaire. Cut loose in the kitchen (I’d recommend “I Want You Back” by the Jackson Five turned about as loud as you like it.) Do this often. Dance and sing as much as you can.
I think this kind of reckless abandon may be the source of life, but I haven't found any solid research to support this notion. I would do it anyways, just in case.

THREE
Be smart and meaningful.
For real.
Stay current on what’s happening around you. Know who we are at war with and where that is. Know all the capitals and states in America. Know as much about as many religions as you can possibly hold. We are mammals built on hope. 
Know who your people in Washington are. Buy local (art, food, beverages, music) and support that economy. Pay attention to how your politics impact the world you share with others. Just pay attention and be responsible.
Know how all the highways are laid out. Know Russian pianists and a good Geek. Never underestimate the power of a good Geek.
If you know nothing of sports, you should know and love someone who does. It's all about the hope.

Copyright 2010 TheseThreeThings

2 comments:

  1. a lot. We don't write alittle. You said you'd love it if I edited for you.
    Ranger Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Thank you, Ranger Stan. You're a handy man with the red pen. I did love it. Never stop. : )

    ReplyDelete

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...